- 75oz Showboat Pork & Beans (5-15oz cans)
- 1 Vidalia Onion diced
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce (use your favorite brand or what’s on sale)
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup BBQ Rub (any bbq rub will work for beans)
- Prepare charcoal smoker or other grill for indirect cooking at 250-275 degrees. Use your favorite wood for smoke flavor.
- Drain the pork & beans and pour into an aluminum pan.
- Add the diced onion, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard, BBQ Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, and BBQ Rub.
- Gently fold to incorporate the ingredients and cook smoke uncovered for 2.5-3 hours or until onions are soft and liquid has thickened slightly.