- 6lbs Beef Cheeks (trimmed)
- 1/4 cup Grande Gringo Mexican Seasoning
- 2 TBS Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- 1 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 10 Cloves Garlic (peeled)
- 3 cups Beef Stock
- 1/4 cup Mexican Style Hot Sauce
For the tacos:
- 1 dozen Corn Tortilla Shells
- 1 small White Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 bunch Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Grated Cotija Cheese
- Prepare Drum smoker for indirect cooking at 275 degrees. Add Pecan wood chunks to hot coals for smoke flavor.
- Season trimmed beef cheeks with Malcom’s Grande Gringo seasoning and Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- Place Beef Cheeks on pit and smoke for 2 hours.
- Remove beef cheeks from out and place in aluminum pan. Add onion, garlic, beef broth, and hot sauce.
- Insert wired probe thermometer into one of beef cheeks; cover pan with aluminum foil; return to pit until internal temperature reaches 210 degrees.
- Rest the beef cheeks for at least 30 minutes and shred by hand. Drizzle with liquid from pan for moisture as needed.
- To build tacos: warm corn tortillas on grill or stove top. Place shredded beef cheek on tortilla and top with finely chopped onion, cilantro, and cotija cheese. Dress with a drizzle of braising liquid and serve.