- 2–3lb Beef Chuck Roast
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub
- 1 Stick Salted Butter
- 1 packet dry Beef Au Jus mix
- 1 packet dry Ranch Dressing mix
- 6–8 pepperoncini Peppers whole
- 12” hoagie or sub rolls (use the bread of your choice)
- 6 slices white American Cheese
- Sliced pepperoncini peppers for garnish
- Prepare Big Green Egg or other smoker for indirect cooking using lump charcoal and chunks of cherry wood for smoke. Smoker temp should be 275 degrees entire cook.
- Season the chuck roast with TX Brisket Rub and place on the Big Green Egg for 2 hours.
- Place the roast in a 5 quart dutch oven and add butter, Au Jus mix, Ranch Mix, and whole pepperoncini peppers. Cover with the lid and place the dutch oven on the smoker.
- Cook the roast until it’s almost falling apart, internal temperature should be around 210 degrees. It will take approximately 2 hours.
- Carefully take the roast out of the dutch oven and shred on a cutting board using 2 forks.
- Split the hoagie roll and place the cheese slices on the bottom half of the bread. Load the sandwich up with the shredded Chuck Roast and drizzle some of the au jus from the dutch oven over the meat. Top with slices of pepperoncini peppers and cut into serving portions.