When it comes to BBQ nothing beats a good, simple, pulled pork sandwich. And with this recipe, anyone can smoke a pork butt with this guaranteed “no fail” method to making the perfect pulled pork sandwich.
- 8–10lb Pork Butt
- 1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
- 1/4 cup Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cups Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce
- 1 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
Cole Slaw for Pulled Pork Sandwich:
- 1 (16 oz) bag cole slaw mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground celery seed
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl, add cole slaw and mix well. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare vertical drum smoker for indirect cooking at 250-275 degrees. Add a couple chunks of Hickory and Pecan wood for smoke flavor.
- Pat the pork butt dry using paper towel. Apply the yellow mustard to the outside in a thin layer. Season the entire pork butt with Killer Hogs Hot Rub so that no mustard is visible.
- Place the pork butt on the cooking rack in the drum smoker fat side down so it renders and drips on the coals below.
- Smoke the pork butt for 4 hours or until the rub has adhered to the outside and begins to turn a dark mahogany color.
- Place the pork butt in a 1/2 size aluminum steam pan, pour 1 cup of Killer Hogs Vinegar sauce over the pork butt, and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Insert a probe thermometer through the foil into the center of the pork butt. Be careful not to hit the bone for accurate reading.
- Return the pork butt to the smoker and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 200 degrees.
- Carefully remove the pork butt from the pan and place on a wire cooling rack. Combine 1 cup Vinegar sauce with 1 cup The BBQ Sauce and brush over the outside of the pork butt.
- Place the pork butt back on the smoker for 15-20 minutes to set the glaze.
- Remove the pork butt from the smoker once the glaze has caramelized and formed a bark. Rest the pork butt for 15-20 minutes before pulling.
- Cuisine: Barbecue
Keywords: Pulled Pork Sandwich, bbq pulled pork, pulled pork, smoked pulled pork recipe, best pulled pork, bbq pulled pork sandwich, pulled pork sandwich recipe, smoked pork butt, pork butt, bbq, barbecue, how to cook pulled pork,