Grilled Chicken Breast over sautéed mushrooms and onions, covered with melty Mexican Cheese and crispy bacon. Served with Refried Beans and Salsa Rice.
- 6 thin cut chicken breast filets
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium white onion – thinly sliced
- 6–7 bacon slices cut into thirds
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican melting cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Malcom’s Grande Gringo Mexican Seasoning
Refried Beans Ingredients
- 2 cans pinto beans drained
- 1 Tablespoon Malcom’s Grande Gringo Mexican Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Mexican style hot sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
Salsa Rice Ingredients
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons chicken base
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat Big Green Egg for direct grilling 450 degrees.
- Cook bacon on a cast iron pan until brown. Drain on paper towel
- Sauté mushrooms and onion in 1 Tablespoon of bacon drippings.
- Season chicken breast filets with Grande Gringo and grill on each side for 3-4 minutes until 165 internal.
- Place chicken over mushrooms and onions on cast iron pan.
- Top with shredded cheese and bacon and melt for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove pan from grill and serve with flour or corn tortillas, retried beans, rice, and your favorite toppings.
Refried Beans Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl mash beans and mix in Grande Gringo and hot sauce
- Transfer bean mixture to casserole dish and top with shredded cheese.
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes or until beans are warmed through and cheese is melted. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Salsa Rice Directions
- Place a boiler pot over medium heat. Add olive oil and rice and sauté rice for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and fragrant
- Add salsa, water, and chicken base. Stir to combine and bring to a slight boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover pot for 18-20 minutes.
- Season drive with salt and pepper and fluff with fork. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Keywords: Grilled Pollo Tapatio, Pollo Tapatio, Refried Beans, Salsa Rice, grande gringo