Malcom’s Delicious Dinners
Grilled Pollo Tapatio with Refried Beans and Salsa RicePrint
Grilled Chicken Breast over sautéed mushrooms and onions, covered with melty Mexican Cheese and crispy bacon. Served with Refried Beans and Salsa Rice.
- 6 thin cut chicken breast filets
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium white onion – thinly sliced
- 6–7 bacon slices cut into thirds
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican melting cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Malcom’s Grande Gringo Mexican Seasoning
Refried Beans Ingredients
- 2 cans pinto beans drained
- 1 Tablespoon Malcom’s Grande Gringo Mexican Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Mexican style hot sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
Salsa Rice Ingredients
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons chicken base
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat Big Green Egg for direct grilling 450 degrees.
- Cook bacon on a cast iron pan until brown. Drain on paper towel
- Sauté mushrooms and onion in 1 Tablespoon of bacon drippings.
- Season chicken breast filets with Grande Gringo and grill on each side for 3-4 minutes until 165 internal.
- Place chicken over mushrooms and onions on cast iron pan.
- Top with shredded cheese and bacon and melt for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove pan from grill and serve with flour or corn tortillas, retried beans, rice, and your favorite toppings.
Refried Beans Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl mash beans and mix in Grande Gringo and hot sauce
- Transfer bean mixture to casserole dish and top with shredded cheese.
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes or until beans are warmed through and cheese is melted. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Salsa Rice Directions
- Place a boiler pot over medium heat. Add olive oil and rice and sauté rice for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and fragrant
- Add salsa, water, and chicken base. Stir to combine and bring to a slight boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover pot for 18-20 minutes.
- Season drive with salt and pepper and fluff with fork. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Keywords: Grilled Pollo Tapatio, Pollo Tapatio, Refried Beans, Salsa Rice, grande gringo