- Butterfly each chop and tenderize with a jacquard meat tenderizer. Place each chop in a plastic zip top bag and pound out to 1/4” thickness using a meat mallet.
- Prepare charcoal grill for two zone fire (hot and cool side).
- Season each chop with The BBQ Rub on all sides. Lightly season with a coat of Steak Rub on both sides. Rest the chops for 20 minutes until the grill is ready to cook.
- Place each chop over the hot side of the grill (directly over coals) and grill for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes each side. Flip each chop, baste with The BBQ Sauce and continue to grill flipping and basting with sauce until the chops are done about 8 minutes total time. (move the chops to the cool zone if the fire gets too hot, this will prevent burning)
- Rest the chops for 5-7 minutes, meanwhile place a cast iron skillet over the hot side of the grill. Add 2 Tablespoons of butter and the onions. Season with a pinch of Steak Rub and grill until softened about 5 minutes. Also place the buns over the hot side of the grill and toast for 30 seconds or until brown.
- To assemble the sandwich: layer dill pickle chips on the bottom half of the bun. Place a char grilled chop over the pickles and drizzle with extra bbq sauce. Add grilled onions and a few crispy jalapeños then the top bun.