who doesn’t love smoked chili dogs?
- 1lb 80/20 Certified Angus Beef ground chuck
- 1 small onion finely minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon beef base concentrate
- 3–4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Malcom’s Grande Gringo Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs AP Seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 14oz can tomato sauce
- 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8–10 1/4lb All Beef hotdogs
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add ground beef and continue to cook until brown. Drain fat.
- Add beef concentrate, Worcestershire, chili seasoning, grande gringo, and AP. Stir to combine and add water.
- Stir in diced tomato and tomato sauce. Bring to a simmer and add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Continue to reduce until most of the liquid cooks down. Remove from heat, allow to cool, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat Traeger grill or other smoker to 250° F using Hickory pellets for smoke flavor.
- Place chili and hotdogs on the cooking grate and smoke for 45 minutes until chili is slightly simmering and hotdogs are 165°F internal. Remove from heat and bring the grill up to 400°F
- To build the chili dogs: Place sausage rolls or hot dog buns on a flat iron skillet. Put a hot dog into each bun, top with chili, and pile up the shredded cheese on top.
- Place the iron skillet back on the grill once it reaches 400°F and cook until cheese melts (about 5 minutes).
- Serve the chili dogs with finely chopped onion and slices of jalapeño peppers or your favorite toppings.
Keywords: smoked chili dogs, chili dogs, how to make chili dogs, best chili dogs, Traeger, Traeger smoked hot dogs