Peach Smoked Pork Loin RecipeThis pork loin recipe is great for serving during the holidays – but really, you can serve something this good all year round! I start with a big center-cut pork loin roast that I brine overnight in peach apple juice and my bird brine seasoning. After the loin soaks up a ton of flavor in the brine, I dry it on a raised rack for about an hour in the refrigerator. To season the pork loin I start with a thin coating of dijon mustard. Then I apply a light sprinkle of Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub (you can now find The BBQ Rub in the seasoning section at WalMart) for a little color, but the best part of this recipe is the corse seasonings I layer on the outside. It’s a combination of turbinado sugar, corse pepper and kosher salt, garlic & onion flakes, and ground leaves of rosemary and thyme. This seasoning would make an excellent rotisserie rub for any meat and it’s especially great on pork loin. To smoke the pork loin I fire up my drum smoker and add chunks of peach wood to the hot coals for plenty of sweet smoke. Once the pit reaches 275°F the pork loin goes on the cooking rack. It’s a fairly short cook about 2 hours but you want to watch the internal temperature. As soon as the loin hit 135-140°F internal, it needs to come off the heat and rest for 15 minutes. I serve it sliced and arranged on a platter with a bowl of Chell’s homemade cranberry sauce. You’ll never buy the can stuff again after you make this sauce and it’s simple. Print
For Thanksgiving, you don’t always have to cook turkey. This Peach Smoked Pork Loin recipe is perfect for any holiday events – and served with the homemade cranberry sauce it really makes things special!
- 1 Pork Loin 3-4 lbs
- 1 cup Malcom’s Bird Brine
- 64oz Peach Apple juice
- 2 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 1/4 cup Pork Loin Seasoning *recipe below
Pork Loin Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons turbinado raw sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1Tablespoon garlic flakes
- 1 Tablespoon onion flakes
- 1/2 Tablespoon corse ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- Place the pork loin in an extra large zip top bag and add the dry bird brine seasoning. Pour in the peach apple juice and squeeze all of the air out of the bag.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator for 8 hours
- Remove the pork loin from the brine and pat dry with paper towel to remove moisture from the outside.
- Preheat drum smoker to 275°F adding 2-3 chunks of peach wood to the hot coals for smoke flavor.
- Lightly coat the outer surface of the pork loin with dijon mustard followed by a light sprinkle of Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub. Shake the pork loin seasoning on all sides. I go heavy with it to form a tasty crust on the outer surface.
- Place the pork loin on the smoker and cook until the internal temperature reaches 135-140°F
- Remove from heat, rest for 15 minutes, and slice. Serve with fresh cranberry sauce (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 12oz bag fresh cranberries
- In a small boiler over medium heat, add the orange juice and honey. Stir and bring to a slight boil; lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries and cook for exactly 15 minutes – stirring every 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into serving bowl. Cranberry sauce can be served immediately – but will thicken when placed in fridge overnight.
Keywords: peach smoked pork loin, pork loin, smoke pork tenderlion, smoke pork loin, smoked pork loin recipe, pork loin roast