Bonafide White Chicken Chili Recipe
We held a friendly Chili contest at our new headquarters last week. I agreed to turn the 1st place recipe into a video… so this is Chell’s Bonafide White Chicken Chili.
You can use any chicken for this recipe. You can boil a chicken, roast a chicken or even use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
I used a smoked chicken. I took a whole chicken, seasoned it with 1 Tablespoon Malcom’s Bonafide Chili Seasoning and smoked it on my Traeger pellet grill until it hit 165 degrees in breast. I let it cool completely, before shredding the chicken.Print
First Place, Creamy, Cheesy, White Chili with Smoked Chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 1 poblano peppers chopped
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 5–6 cloves garlic minced
- 2– 4oz cans diced green chilies
- 32oz chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons Malcom’s Bonafide Chili Seasoning
- 8oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups Monterrey Jack Cheese shredded
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cans Bush’s White Chili Beans
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 2lb cooked chicken
- Sauté onion and peppers in butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and continue to sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth, canned green chilies, and Malcom’s Bonafide Chili Seasoning. Bring to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in cream of chicken soup, cream cheese, and jack cheese. Continue to simmer for stirring occasionally until cheese melts.
- Once cheese has melted, add heavy cream and chili beans. Taste for seasoning and return to simmer. Add chicken and allow to heat through (10-15 minutes) before serving.
- Garnish options: shredded cheddar, sour cream, avocado slices, cilantro, sliced jalapeño and hot sauce
To Smoke Chicken: Season whole chicken with 1 Tablespoon Bonafide Chili Seasoning and smoke until 165 degrees in breast. Shred chicken and reserve for later.
Keywords: white chili, white chicken chili, smoked chili, white chili recipe, chicken chili
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!