Grilled Jerk ShrimpInspired by my travels, this recipe is Jerk Marinated Shrimp grilled and served with Peppers & Onions. All done on my weber kettle grill. This Jerk recipe is quick, easy and dang it’s GOOOD. Print
A quick and delicious recipe with flavorful Grilled Jerk Shrimp over onions and peppers.
- 2lbs Raw Shrimp 13/15 count peeled/deveined tail on
- 1 cup Jerk Marinade *recipe below
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon Malcom’s Jammin’ Jerk Seasoning
- Wedge of lemon and lime
- 5–6 scallions chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 scotch bonnet peppers diced
- 6 cloves garlic smashed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger
- 5 sprigs of fresh Thyme (just the leaves)
- Juice from 1 lime
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 Tablespoons Malcom’s Jammin’ Jerk Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and puree until it turns into semi-smooth consistency about 2-3 minutes.
- Place shrimp on paper towel and pat dry to remove moisture.
- Spoon half of the marinade over the shrimp, turn and spoon the remainder of the marinade over the top. Let the shrimp marinate for 20 minutes.
- Prepare a charcoal grill for direct cooking over medium high heat.
- Place a cast iron skillet on the grill and add olive oil.
- Add the thinly sliced vegetables along with the garlic and ginger. Season with Jammin’ Jerk and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the shrimp on the grill and cook for 1 minute 30 seconds on each side. Shrimp will cook fast so don’t walk away. Move them to the skillet of vegetables as soon as they are done.
- Squeeze fresh lime and lemon juice over the top and serve.
Keywords: jerk shrimp, jamaican jerk shrimp, jammin jerk, grilled shrimp recipe, grilled shrimp, grilled jerk shrimp, caribbean jerk grilled shrimp