Grilled Jerk ShrimpInspired by my travels, this recipe is Jerk Marinated Shrimp grilled and served with Peppers & Onions. All done on my weber kettle grill. This Jerk recipe is quick, easy and dang it’s GOOOD. Print
Grilled Jerk Shrimp
A quick and delicious recipe with flavorful Grilled Jerk Shrimp over onions and peppers.
- 2lbs Raw Shrimp 13/15 count peeled/deveined tail on
- 1 cup Jerk Marinade *recipe below
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon Malcom’s Jammin’ Jerk Seasoning
- Wedge of lemon and lime
- 5–6 scallions chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 scotch bonnet peppers diced
- 6 cloves garlic smashed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger
- 5 sprigs of fresh Thyme (just the leaves)
- Juice from 1 lime
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 Tablespoons Malcom’s Jammin’ Jerk Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and puree until it turns into semi-smooth consistency about 2-3 minutes.
- Place shrimp on paper towel and pat dry to remove moisture.
- Spoon half of the marinade over the shrimp, turn and spoon the remainder of the marinade over the top. Let the shrimp marinate for 20 minutes.
- Prepare a charcoal grill for direct cooking over medium high heat.
- Place a cast iron skillet on the grill and add olive oil.
- Add the thinly sliced vegetables along with the garlic and ginger. Season with Jammin’ Jerk and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the shrimp on the grill and cook for 1 minute 30 seconds on each side. Shrimp will cook fast so don’t walk away. Move them to the skillet of vegetables as soon as they are done.
- Squeeze fresh lime and lemon juice over the top and serve.
Keywords: jerk shrimp, jamaican jerk shrimp, jammin jerk, grilled shrimp recipe, grilled shrimp, grilled jerk shrimp, caribbean jerk grilled shrimp
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!
This is legit. I don’t often grill or smoke seafood, but tried this recipe this weekend while OU was dominating Texas, and it was awesome!!
Absolutely amazing! Our family has made this many times, and it never disappoints!