Hams are not just for the holidays! This is recipe is one of my favorite ways to “double smoke” a spiral ham. I like the spiral ham because it’s already portioned for you. The slices take on the seasoning and glaze and each piece taste delicious.
- 8–10lb Spiral Ham
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 250-275°F using a few chunks of cherry wood for smoke flavor.
- Remove spiral ham from packaging and coat the outside with the Dijon Mustard. Apply a light coat of The BBQ Rub over the dijon.
- Place the ham on the smoker and cook for 2 1/2 hours.
- Heat the brown sugar, honey, and vinegar sauce until warm and drizzle over the ham. Use a basting brush to spread the glaze over the surface if necessary.
- Continue to smoke the ham for 30 minutes until the glaze sets.
- Remove the ham from the smoker and serve.
Keywords: BBQ ham, bbq smoked ham, smoked ham, how to barbecue a ham, big green egg, easter ham