BBQ Smoked HamHams are not just for the holidays! This is recipe is one of my favorite ways to “double smoke” a spiral ham. Most people only think of a serving a ham for the holidays but let me tell you this ham recipe can be served year round and folks will be asking you for more. WHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE: Print
BBQ Smoked Ham
Hams are not just for the holidays! This is recipe is one of my favorite ways to “double smoke” a spiral ham. I like the spiral ham because it’s already portioned for you. The slices take on the seasoning and glaze and each piece taste delicious.
- 8–10lb Spiral Ham
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 250-275°F using a few chunks of cherry wood for smoke flavor.
- Remove spiral ham from packaging and coat the outside with the Dijon Mustard. Apply a light coat of The BBQ Rub over the dijon.
- Place the ham on the smoker and cook for 2 1/2 hours.
- Heat the brown sugar, honey, and vinegar sauce until warm and drizzle over the ham. Use a basting brush to spread the glaze over the surface if necessary.
- Continue to smoke the ham for 30 minutes until the glaze sets.
- Remove the ham from the smoker and serve.
Keywords: BBQ ham, bbq smoked ham, smoked ham, how to barbecue a ham, big green egg, easter ham
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!
Can’t wait to give it a go this weekend for Easter. Everything Malcolm does is spot on terrific!
Met your friend Ray the other day at his restaurant in St Pete(Dr.BBQ).Had a great lunch and he had nothing but good things to say about you.I still enjoy your receipts and great ideas on cooking.
sounds good, can’t wait to try to do it for the family.
I’ve really enjoyed your videos. You do a good job man. Keep them coming
Can this be smoked in an electric smoker? I have only the Smokin-it 3D for smoking meats but would like to try it.
This was a big hit for our Christmas gathering. Everyone said it was the best ham they ever had
Would it work to smoke this a day before serving it? What would be your recommendation for reheating?
I made this for Easter this year and everyone said it was the best ham they ever had. It’s rare when the family picks at the leftovers at the end of the evening, but with this I couldn’t keep them away. This was another Malcom spectacular! Thank you for all your wonderful recipes!