Smoked Chuck Roast Recipe for fall-apart tender BBQ Beef – used to make the best Barbecue Pulled Beef Sandwich
- Season Chuck roast with Prime Beef rub followed by a layer of Hot Rub.
- Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 300 degrees using hickory wood for smoke.
- Place roast on pit and smoke for 2 – 2 1/2 hours or until the outer surface is a dark mahogany color.
- Combine the water and beef base in a small pot over medium heat until it reaches a slight simmer.
- Place the roast into a 1/2 size aluminum steam pan and pour the beef liquid around the roast reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Place pats of butter on top the roast and cover with aluminum foil.
- Continue to cook the roast until it hits 210 degrees internal then remove from pit and rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the riser from the pan and pull by hand. Mix a little if the pan juice with the meat and serve.
Jalapeño Slaw Recipe
- 1 bag cole slaw
- 1 cup quick pickled jalapeño onions* recipe below
- 1/2 raw jalapeño finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons pickling liquid* from below
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon corse ground black pepper
Combine the Mayo, pickling liquid, sugar, and black pepper in a small bowl. Add the slaw, finely chopped fresh jalapeño, and quick pickled jalapeño onions to a large bowl. Pour in the Mayo mixture and stir to combine. Rest in the refrigerator for one hour before serving.
Quick Pickled Jalapeño Onions
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño sliced then rough chopped
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
Combine vinegar, water, salt, and sugar in a boiler pot. Heat mixture over medium high heat until it reaches a boil. Place onion and jalapeño in a bowl, pour hot liquid over the top, and cover with lid. Place in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
Keywords: chuck roast, smoked chuck roast, pulled beef sandwich, smoked pulled beef