Cajun Pork Loin SandwichHow I Turned a $10 Pork Loin into a $20 Cajun Pork Loin Sandwich Print
Pork Loin injected with a Cajun Butter, Seasoned with King Craw Seasoning and smoked on the pellet grill. Turned into a monster, big-boy pork loin sandwich with spicy garlic pickles and a creamy creole slaw.
- Prepare pellet smoker for indirect cooking at 275°F using pecan pellets for smoke flavor. Any grill can be used just maintain the same temperature throughout the cook.
- Use a sharp knife to score the fat on the pork loin. Make slits at an angle spaced about 1/2” apart in one direction, rotate the pork loin and make additional cuts in the opposite direction.
- Apply a light coat of creole mustard to the outside of the loin and season with King Craw cajun seasoning. Inject the pork loin to add moisture and flavor inside the meat
- Place the pork loin on the pellet smoker fat side up and cook until internal temperature reaches 135°F. Remove from the pit and allow it to rest for 10-15 minutes covered loosely with aluminum foil. The internal temperature will carry over producing a perfectly cooked, juicy pork loin.
- Slice the loin thin and pile high on a toasted jumbo burger bun slathered with Blue Plate mayonnaise, spicy garlic pickles, and topped with creamy creole slaw.
Cajun Butter Injection Recipe:
- 14oz can of Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup melted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Malcom’s King Craw Cajun Seasoning
- Directions: Place ingredients into a bowl or mason jar and whisk to combine. Shake or stir well before injecting
Creamy Creole Slaw Recipe:
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate Mayo
- 1/4 cup creole mustard
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 bag of pre-shredded cabbage and carrots
- 1/2 sweet onion finely sliced
- Combine the mayo, creole mustard, sugar, red wine vinegar, salt, and black pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Add the shredded cabbage and carrots along with the finely sliced onion to a large bowl.
- Pour the creole dressing mixture over the vegetables and stir well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving.
Keywords: pork loin sandwich, pork recipes, pork loin, smoked pork, smoked pork loin, cajun pork, cajun pork loin sandwich
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!