Smoked Prime Rib cooked with an herb-crust on the Pellet Smoker using Hickory Pellets.
- 5# Prime Rib Roast
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Swine Life Prime Beef Rub
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub
- 2 Tablespoons Chimi Churri Original Rub
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Flakes
- Prepare pellet grill for indirect smoking at 250°F using hickory pellets.
- Trim excess fat from prime rib roast and use butcher twine to secure the shape of the roast.
- Mix together Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub, Chimi Churri, Garlic and Onion in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the outside with olive oil for a binder. Season with a layer of Swine Life Prime Beef Rub. Then generously rub the outside of the prime rib roast with the TX Brisket seasoning mixture.
- Place the prime rib on the smoker – use an internal meat probe to monitor internal temps. When temperature in the center of the roast reaches 120°F, remove from smoker and allow prime rib to rest for at least 20-30 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: prime rib, prime rib roast, walmart meat, walmart prime rib, smoked prime rib, prime rib on the grill, how to smoke a prime rib