WalMart Prime Rib
For this recipe I picked up a nice, boneless, 5lb Prime Rib Roast from WalMart for about $66… and I turned it into something that is worthy of that Holiday Table. I seasoned it with beefy flavors, garlic and onions and then smoked it on a pellet smoker with Hickory pellets until it was medium rare (120 internal).WHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub
- Chimi Churri Original Seasoning
- Swine Life Prime Beef
- Thermoworks DOT
- Red Handle 12″ Brisket Slicer
Smoked Prime Rib cooked with an herb-crust on the Pellet Smoker using Hickory Pellets.
- Prepare pellet grill for indirect smoking at 250°F using hickory pellets.
- Trim excess fat from prime rib roast and use butcher twine to secure the shape of the roast.
- Mix together Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub, Chimi Churri, Garlic and Onion in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the outside with olive oil for a binder. Season with a layer of Swine Life Prime Beef Rub. Then generously rub the outside of the prime rib roast with the TX Brisket seasoning mixture.
- Place the prime rib on the smoker – use an internal meat probe to monitor internal temps. When temperature in the center of the roast reaches 120°F, remove from smoker and allow prime rib to rest for at least 20-30 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: prime rib, prime rib roast, walmart meat, walmart prime rib, smoked prime rib, prime rib on the grill, how to smoke a prime rib
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!