Christmas Gift Hams. Print
Double-Smoked and Glazed Hams make one heck of a Christmas present. For this recipe I keep it really simple – spiral sliced hams, hickory smoke and a brown sugar glaze. Wrap them up with a bow and you’ve got one of the best Christmas Gifts you can give…
- 4 Spiral-Cut Hams
- 1/4 cup orange juice
For the glaze I used the brown sugar packets packed with ham, but you can substitute:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar in the raw
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch cayenne flakes
- Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 275 degrees. I used hickory wood in my Outlaw stick burner but any pit will work. Just hold the temps steady and run mild smoke throughout the cook.
- Unwrap the hams, reserve the glaze packets for later. Place each ham on the pit meat side down so the hams sit upright. This will help them stay together and not dry out.
- Smoke the hams for 2 hours.
- For my glaze I combined the brown sugar packets and 1/4 cup orange juice but any sweet, sticky glaze can be used here.
- Brush the glaze over each ham at the 2 hour mark and continue to cook for 1 hour.
- Remove each ham from the pit and place in an aluminum pan. Tent with foil and allow to cool for 45 min.
- Wrap the hams tight in foil and place in large gift bags. Tie a ribbon on top and don’t forget the reheating instructions. These hams can keep in the refrigerator for 5-7 days or can be froze.
Keywords: Smoked Hams for Christmas Gifts, Smoked Hams Gifts, Christmas Ham, Smoked Ham, holiday ham, glazed ham, double smoked ham
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!