Grilled Corn Salad RecipeAll good BBQ needs a worthy side dish – and this Grilled Corn Salad is a perfect side dish that just screams summer. You start with some good, sweet corn and throw it on your grill – husk and all. Let it steam in the husk (it will make shucking it so much easier). After about 5 minutes open the grill and turn the corn so it’s cooking evenly. Do it again in another 5 minutes. Then after about 15 total minutes, your corn should be nice and tender. Now it’s time to get a little grill flavor – shuck the corn and place it right back directly on theGrillGrates (check these GrillGates out here >>). Keep the lid open and turn the corn for the last 5 minutes (or until it has the char you like). Once the corn is done – you could serve it just like that. It’s delicious with a little butter and salt. Just dive right in! But for this recipe you cut it off the cob and add a few veggies and a little creaminess – to make this delicious, summer-time treat of Grilled Corn Salad. Print
- 8 Ears Sweet Corn
- 8–10 Slices Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- ½ cup Red Onion (diced)
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 3 Jalapeños (diced fine)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Killer Hogs The AP Seasoning (or simply use Salt and Black Pepper to taste)
- Prepare charcoal grill set up for 2 zone fire.
- Place corn in husk on indirect side of grill for 10-15 minutes.
- Peel back the husk and remove corn silt. Place directly over hot side of grill to char, 4-5 minutes rotating as necessary.
- Remove husk end from each ear or corn and use a knife to cut off the corn into a large bowl.
- Combine Sour Cream and Cream cheese until smooth.
- Add cream cheese mixture, onion, bell pepper, bacon, jalapeño, and cheddar cheese. Fold ingredients into corn and season with Killer Hogs The AP Seasoning or salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with sliced jalapeño and green onion.