BBQ Spaghetti RecipeBBQ Spaghetti may sound a little strange at first but in Memphis it’s a barbecue staple. This dish is served as a side or even a main course at BBQ establishments around here, and it’s a great way to put some of your let over pulled pork to good use (There’s not a bad way to use pulled pork!) This recipe combines a classic spaghetti recipe with a barbecue twist. Instead of using ground beef or Italian sausage in the meat sauce we use pulled pork along with a good dose of BBQ sauce and dry rub. The flavors meld together to form a unique taste that’s both rich and tangy with just the right amount of sweetness and spice you’d expect in Memphis Q. The whole dish is topped off with even more smoky pulled pork to truly make an epic meal. Print
- 2 lbs Pulled Pork
- 1 Small Onion chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes (14oz)
- 1 can Tomato Sauce (14oz)
- ½ cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce
- 8oz Spaghetti Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Tabelspoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tabelspoons Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oreagano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Basil
- 1 teaspoon Marjoram
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Heat Olive Oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and bell pepper for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add minced garlic and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, BBQ sauce, Vinegar Sauce, seasonings, and ½ lb pulled pork; stir to combine, cover and simmer for 45 min. to 1 hour over very low heat stirring occasionally.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and drain. Place pasta back into boiler pot over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir until butter melts about 1 minute.
- Remove pasta from heat and pour sauce over pasta. Toss gently to combine and place on large serving platter. Top with remaining pulled pork and drizzle with additional BBQ sauce.
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!