Bacon Candy Chicken Bites RecipeThis “football food” Bacon Candy Chicken Bites Recipe will quickly become a crowd favorite. It’s simple to prep ahead of time and only takes 30-45 minutes to cook on the grill. You want be missing any of the action cooking this recipe! I start with boneless chunks of chicken (I prefer the thighs but you could use breast), and wrap them in thin sliced bacon secured with a toothpick. Each piece gets coated with a spicy-brown sugar seasoning which turns into a sticky-sweet coating on the outside. Run the grill at 375 or medium high heat and cook the chicken bites until the bacon is brown and caramelized about 45 minutes. Serve the bacon candy chicken bites with your favorite sauces. Captain Rodney’s Peach Boucan BBQ Sauce or my Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce go great but really any type of sauce would work. Just be sure to make a lot of these Bacon Candy Chicken Bites because they will get devoured! Print
- 16oz Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (white meat can be substituted)
- 12 slices Bacon (cut in half)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 2 Tablespoons Turbinado Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Prepare Smoker or Grill for indirect cooking at 375⁰
- Cut each thigh into bite size portions. Wrap each piece with ½ slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Combine the brown sugar, bbq rub, turbinado, and cayenne in a small bowl and sprinkle over all sides of the bacon wrapped chicken.
- Place the chicken bites onto the grill and cook for about 45 minutes or until the bacon is completely brown and sticky. (I cook them on a small rack to make it easier).
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.