Cheesy Jalapeño Skillet Dip RecipeThis Cheesy Jalapeño Skillet Dip recipe is perfect for tailgating or Game Day parties. You can put it together the night before, and cook it right on the grill before everyone arrives. Fresh jalapeno’s give it nice kick and be sure to omit the seeds if you don’t want it spicy. For those who like the burn, feel free to add your favorite peppers or hot sauce. You can really kick up the burn if you want. It only takes about ½ hour at 350⁰ to get hot and bubbly and be sure to wear heat proof gloves when handling the cast iron skillet because it is extremely hot. The skillet also keeps it warm for a long time, and this dip goes with just about anything on your tailgate spread. I like it best served with Frito Scoops but you can serve it with any chip, cracker, or even vegetables. Give it a try at your next tailgate party. Print
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 16oz shredded cheese (we used 8oz Pepper Jack and 8oz Sharp Cheddar)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4oz diced green chilies
- 3 fresh jalapeños (diced)
- 2 teaspoons Killer Hogs AP Rub
- 2 teaspoons Mexican Style Seasoning*
for the topping:
- ¼ cup Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- sliced jalapeños
*Mexican Style Seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons Killer Hogs AP Rub
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Granulated Onion
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Chipotle Chili Pepper ground
- ¼ teaspoon Oregano
- Preheat smoker or grill for indirect cooking at 350⁰
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and place in a cast iron skillet
- Top with Mexican Blend shredded cheese and slices of jalapeno’s
- Place iron skillet on grill grate and cook until cheese hot and bubbly and the top has browned
- slightly about 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with large corn chips (scoops), tortilla chips, or your favorite vegetables for dipping.
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!