Malcom’s Delicious Dinners
Smoked Hamburger Steak Recipe with Mushroom & Onion Brown Gravy, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Roasted Green BeansPrint
Smoked Hamburger Steak Recipe
A Delicious Dinner Recipe: Smoked Hamburger Steak with Mushroom & Onion Brown Gravy, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Roasted Green Beans
- 2lb 80/20 ground chuck
- Killer Hogs AP Seasoning
- Killer Hogs Steak Seasoning
- 1 small yellow onion
- 8oz baby bella mushrooms
- 6 medium size yukon gold potatoes
- 1 package frozen or fresh whole green beans
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 packets of brown gravy mix (McCormick brand)
- 2 cups cold water
- Prepare pellet smoker or other charcoal grill/smoker for indirect cooking at 325 degrees.
- Form ground beef into 1/4lb patties using burger press (or by hand) and season each side with AP and Steak seasonings.
- Place hamburger steaks on grill and cook for 30 minutes or until 130 degrees internal.
- Rinse, quarter, and dice potatoes. Place in a large pot and cover with water 2”. Place pot on stove over medium high heat, add garlic, and a pinch of salt. Boil potatoes for 15 minutes until tender. Drain the potatoes in a colander and pour the potatoes back into the pot. Add sour cream, butter, and milk. Mash the potatoes until creamy and smooth. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Slice onion and mushrooms into thin strips. In a large sauté pan over medium heat add a 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Place onions in pan and sauté for 3 minutes, add mushrooms and continue to cook until onions brown and mushrooms are tender.
- In a separate small boiling pot combine 2 cups cold water and 2 packets of instant brown gravy mix over medium heat. Whisk and bring the gravy mix to a boil. Add the brown gravy to the pan with the onions and mushrooms and turn off the heat.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and spread the green beans on it. Drizzle with olive oil and season with AP seasoning.
- Transfer the burgers to a 1/2 size aluminum pan or baking dish. Pour the mushroom/onion brown gravy over the burgers and continue to cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Place the sheet pan of green beans on the grill beside the burgers. Roast the green beans for 10-12 minutes.
- To serve: Place a mound of garlic mashed potatoes on a plate, top with hamburger steak and plenty of gravy. Add the green beans to the side and enjoy.
Keywords: Smoked Hamburger Steak , hamburger steaks in mushroom and onion gravy, Hamburg Steak, hamburger steaks in onion gravy, hamburger steaks in mushroom gravy, how to make hamburger steak, salisbury steak, hamburger steak southern style, Gravy, smothered steak recipes, Hamburger Steak, Salisbury Steak, How to Make Salisbury Steak, Salibury Steak Recipe, Mushroom Onion Brown Gravy, Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!
Co fused on IT of the burger, can you eat ground beef under 160IT? Love your videos and rubs btw.
He cooked to that temp because he smothered with the gravy and then finished cooking ?
I’m all for this with homemade gravy instead of the packet.
2tbsp any fat (bacon grease or beef tallow works great)
1 cup beef broth
1 tsp Allspice
1 tsp Worcestershire
1 tsp Gravy Master or Kitchen Bouquet
salt and pepper to taste.
Mix the fat and flour together in a pan, and cook over medium low heat until the mixture looks a little darker than khaki pants. Whisk in the beef broth until all of the roux is incorporated. Finish with the allspice, worcestershire, Gravy Master, salt, and pepper. Bring it all just to a boil before adding in your onions and mushrooms.
Loved it, thank you! Will definitely be trying your other recipes.
My kids and I made this for my wife as a surprise! Turned out amazing. Kids really enjoyed helping make it. Thanks a ton Malcom!