Tailgate CheesesteakWHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE: Print
Mini Cheesesteaks perfect for Tailgates made with 2 Cheeses and Butter – Cooked on Cast Iron on the Grill
- 1lb thinly sliced steak
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs AP Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Swine Life Prime Beef Rub
- 2 Tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 stick butter
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 package Hawaiian mini sub rolls
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Prepare charcoal grill for direct cooking. Place cast iron griddle on grill grate over hot coals.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of grape seed oil to griddle and sauté onion and peppers for 3-4 minutes. Remove from griddle and place to the side.
- Season sliced steak with Prime Beef Rub, add remaining grape seed oil to griddle, and brown steak for 3-4 minutes. Be sure to break the pieces of steak into smaller portions as it cooks. When steak is cooked remove it from the griddle.
- Melt the butter and combine it with the Dijon, Worcestershire, garlic and onion.
- Place the sub rolls on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. (Use enough aluminum foil to wrap over the top when assembled). Separate the top portion of the rolls from the bottom and drizzle the bottom with half of the butter mixture.
- Lay the slices of provolone on the bottom buns followed by the cooked steak the peppers and onions. Add the shredded mozzarella and place the top portion of the rolls on top.
- Drizzle the remaining butter mixture over the rolls and wrap with the excess aluminum foil.
- Rest the rolls for at least 1 hour before cooking. (you can prepare them the day before and leave them in the refrigerator overnight).
- Preheat pellet grill to 350 degrees and cook the rolls for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the grill, separate into individual sandwiches, and serve.