Boudin King Cake topped with a Crawfish Cheese Dip
Quick, Easy and Delicious! This is a different take on a King Cake. Your traditional King Cakes are a sweet pastry with an sweet icing.
But I’m switching it up and doing a spicy, savory King Cake Recipe using Boudin Sausage and a Crawfish Cheese Dip. Then to really take it to the next level (and make it look awesome) I top it with green onions and crushed Pork Rinds!
WHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE:Print
Quick, Easy and Delicious! King Cake Recipe using Boudin Sausage and a Spicy Crawfish Cheese Dip, topped with green onions and crush Pork Rinds.
- 3 cans Pillsbury Buttery Crescent Rolls
- 4 links Boudin Sausage
- 1# crawfish tails
- 1 block cream cheese – softened
- ½ small onion – diced
- ½ red bell pepper – diced
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 16oz white queso (cheese dip)
- 1 package pork cracklin’ or pork rinds – crushed
- 4–5 green onions – thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Malcom’s King Craw Cajun Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Killer Hogs Hot Sauce
- Preheat smoker to 350°F; Remove boudin links from casing and smoke for 10-15 minutes to warm through.
- Combine room temp cream cheese with half the crawfish tails and season with 2 Tablespoons King Craw Cajun Seasoning and 1 teaspoon Killer Hogs Hot Sauce.
- Arrange crescent rolls in an oval shape on a baking sheet covered with butcher paper or aluminum foil to prevent sticking.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on center of crescent roll dough and place boudin link over the top. Fold the crescent roll dough around the sausage and cream cheese mixture, forming into the shape of a King Cake.
- Place on smoker and cook for 45 – 55 min or until it browns on the outside.
- In a pan, sauté red bell pepper and onion until soft. Add garlic and sauce for 1 minute more. Add other half of the crawfish tails and season with remaining King Craw Cajun Seasoning and 1 teaspoon Killer Hogs Hot Sauce. Add white cheese dip and turn off heat. Remove King Cake from smoker. Drizzle the crawfish cheese dip. Top with pork rind crumbs and garnish with thinly sliced green onion.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Boudin king cake, boudin and crawfish king cake, spicy king cake, savory king cake, crawfish cheese dip
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!