Apple Cobbler RecipeWhen you’re firing up your smoker this summer, don’t forget the desserts. Here’s my go-to recipe for a quick and tasty Apple Cobbler made right on the pit. All you need are fresh apples and a few basic ingredients you probably have in the kitchen, and you’ll have a dessert ready for any Backyard BBQ. Start by peeling and coring 7-8 medium size Granny Smith Apples. Quarter the apples and place them in a large bowl. Coat the apples with 1 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon and let them hang out for about an hour. In a mixing bowl combine 2 cups of All Purpose Flour, 1 ½ cups of table sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, 2 eggs (beaten), 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Stir the mixture until it forms small crumbles. Place the apples in a cast iron dutch oven (or iron skillet) and sprinkle the crumble mixture on top. Drizzle the whole thing with 1 stick of melted butter. Fire up your smoker or bbq grill set up for indirect cooking and bring the temperature to 350⁰. Place the dutch oven in the pit and cook for about 1 hour. The cobbler is done once the topping browns. At this point it’s ready to serve; just plate it up with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, and you’ll have one great BBQ dessert! Print
- 7–8 Granny Smith Apples peeled and quartered
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 stick melted butter
- Peel and quarter apples, place in large bowl, add 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, toss to coat apples, and let sit for 1 hour.
- Prepare grill of smoker for indirect cooking at 350⁰.
- Combine Flour, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Baking Powder, Eggs, and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine into small crumbles.
- Place apples in a dutch oven, top with crumble batter mixture, and drizzle with melted butter.
- Cook in smoker or grill for 45min to 1 hour or until brown.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!