Honey Chipotle Chicken RecipeThis recipe is all about Honey Chipotle Chicken on the grill… Chicken leg quarters are excellent on the grill and are a great choice for feeding a lot of people on a budget. For this recipe I combine smoky chipotle peppers and honey to kick up the taste. You can find Leg Quarters at any grocery store; the ones I bought were frozen in a 4lb bag. Just let them slow thaw in the refrigerator overnight and they’ll be ready to go the next day. There’s not much trimming to do on the leg quarter, but I do remove any unwanted fat or skin from the bone side of the meat. For the seasoning I’m using:
- 1 cup of my Killer Hog’s AP Rub (or any quality all purpose seasoning)
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Chipotle Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- 2 cups of Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce (any quality sauce can be substituted)
- ¼ cup of Honey
- 2 whole chipotle peppers in Adobe sauce
- Prepare Big Green Egg or other bbq grill/smoker for indirect cooking at 325⁰. Add Pecan wood chunks to hot coals for smoke flavor.
- Combine AP Rub, Ground Chipotle Pepper, and Cumin. Season leg quarters on all sides.
- Place each leg quarter on the grill and cook until internal temperature reaches 170⁰.
- Place Whole Chipotle Peppers, Honey, and Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Brush glaze over leg quarters during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Remove leg quarters from grill once internal temperature reaches 175⁰ and serve.
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!