Spicy Sausage & Cheese Balls RecipeEvery Christmas we have Sausage & Cheese Balls around my house. They are a stable on Christmas Eve Morning – but also make a great appetizer. It combines some of my favorite things! But with this recipe I took a standard Sausage & Cheese Balls recipe and kicked it up to a whole, new level by adding some spice and getting them out on the smoker. For starters I trade the regular sausage for hot sausage. Then I added Fresno Peppers, Killer Hogs AP Seasoning and cream cheese. Then instead of cooking them in the oven, we got them on cast iron and got them on the pellet grill. You can cook this on any pit, you just need to hold it steady at 400 for 20-25 minutes. And I like to flip the sausage balls halfway through the cook so they get brown on all sides. And to really take it to a whole, new level, I like to serve it with some Captain Rodney’s Peach BBQ Sauce for dipping! But I do have to warn you… If you are serving these at a party, make sure you make plenty… they seem to disappear fast! Print
- 1lb Hot Breakfast Sausage
- 2 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 8oz Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup Fresno Peppers (finely diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Killer Hogs AP Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Prepare smoker or grill for indirect cooking at 400 degrees.
- Mix Sausage, Baking Mix, shredded cheese, cream cheese, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl until well incorporated.
- Use a small scoop to portion mixture into bite size balls and roll gently in hands to shape.
- Place sausage and cheese balls on a cast iron pan and cook for 15 min.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!