BBQ Nacho Burger
I had to do something Super for the Big Game this weekend so I decided to combine two of my favorite football foods. Bbq Nachos and a Smoked Burger!
BBQ Nachos were invented in Memphis TN where some of the best bbq in world is created. Tender smoked pork is layered over tortilla chips along with copious amounts of melted nacho cheese. Of course you have to layer on some bbq sauce and a little dry rub or it wouldn’t be Memphis BBQ.
I took the BBQ Nacho a step further with this recipe forgoing the bed of tortilla chips and layering it on top a 1/2lb smoked hamburger. This is one seriously Super Burger.
Two of my favorite foods for game day (aside from wings) is BBQ Nachos and a Smoked Barbecue Hamburger. In this recipe, I combine them together for my BBQ Nacho Burger.
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground Chuck
- 1 pork butt
- 8oz nacho cheese sauce
- 4oz Killer Hogs The Bbq Sauce
- 1/4 cup Killer Hogs AP seasoning
- 1/4 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- 4 jumbo burger buns
- Tomato slices
- Dill pickle slices
- Crispy jalapeño chips
- Season pork butt with AP Seasoning and The BBQ Rub; smoke at 235 degrees until internal temperature reaches 195-200 degrees. Allow to cool for 30 minutes and pull by hand into bite size portions.
- Separate the ground chunk into 1/2lb portions and form into patties. Season each side with AP seasoning and a light coat of Hot rub on both sides.
- Place the burger patties on 250 degree smoker until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees.
- Glaze the burger patties with The BBQ Sauce and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees. Remove from grill.
- To build the burger: toast sesame seed bun lightly. Spread a layer of Mayo on bottom bun. Layer lettuce, sliced tomato, and dill pickle on the bun. Top with a burger patty followed by a pile of pulled pork, drizzle of bbq sauce, and nacho cheese. Finish it off with a few crispy jalapeños, dusting of The BBQ rub and finally the top bun.
Keywords: BBQ Nacho Burger, Hamburger recipe, smoked hamburger, Nacho Recipe, bbq burger, barbeque, nacho burger recipe, nacho burger