Honey Jalapeño RibsSmoked Ribs with a Honey Jalapeño Glaze WHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- Heath Riles Garlic Jalapeno Rub
- Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce
- Mike’s Hot Honey
- Killer Hogs Sweet Fire Pickles
Ribs with a Honey Jalapeño Glaze smoked on the new Traeger Timberline XL
- 1 slab St. Louis Trimmed Spare Ribs
- 1 Tablespoon Heath Riles Garlic Jalapeno Rub
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 2 Tablespoons Mike’s Hot Honey
- 2 Tablespoons juice from Killer Hogs Sweet Fire Pickles
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Honey Jalapeño Rib Glaze* (recipe below)
Honey Jalapeno Rib Glaze Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce
- Slices of fresh jalapeño
- Prepare Traeger grill for indirect smoking at 225°F using signature blend pellets.
- Season ribs on both sides with garlic jalapeño rub and Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub.
- Smoke ribs for 2 1/2 hours on pellet grill, remove from grill and place on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Wrap the ribs with: pats of butter, Mike’s Hot Honey and sweet fire pickle juice.
- Place the wrapped ribs back on the Traeger and increase the grill temperature to 275 degrees. Continue to cook the ribs until internal temperature reaches 200 degrees between the rib bones.
- Carefully unwrap the ribs and glaze on both sides with honey jalapeño rib glaze recipe below. Return the ribs to the grill for 10-15 minutes to set the glaze.
- Cut into individual portions and serve.
- For The Honey Jalapeno Rib Glaze Recipe: In a small pot over medium heat, sauté the slices of fresh jalapeño in butter until soft. Add in the brown sugar, honey, and vinegar sauce. Stir to combine. Once sauce hits a light boil, reduce heat to simmer and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes until sauce has thickened. Transfer to glass jar and cool to room temperature. Can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Keywords: Honey Jalapeno Ribs, honey jalapeno bbq ribs recipe, smoked bbq ribs, jalapeno bbq ribs, jalapeno ribs, jalapeno honey ribs, jalapeno honey bbq sauce
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!