Malcom’s Delicious Dinners
Grilled Chicken and Sausage Pasta Jambalaya RecipePrint
- 3 Chicken Breast Cutlets
- – 1 Smoked Sausage – halved lengthwise
- – 3 pieces Thick Cut Bacon Cut
- – ½ cup Red Bell Pepper diced
- – ½ cup Green Bell Pepper diced
- – 1 small Onion diced
- – 2 Green Onions chopped – for garnish
- – 4 cloves Garlic minced
- – 8oz Mini Penne Pasta – cooked to package directions
- – 1 jar Alfredo Sauce
- – ½ teaspoon Concentrated Chicken Base – Knorr brand
- – 2 Tablespoons Malcom’s King Craw Cajun Seasoning (you can substitute your favorite Cajun seasoning)
- Prepare charcoal grill for direct cooking. Season chicken breast with half of King Craw Seasoning.
- Place chicken and sausage on the grill. Cook sausage until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (3 min. each side). Cook chicken breast for 4-5 minutes on each side until internal temp reaches 165. Loosely cover sausage and chicken with aluminum foil and rest.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil over medium high heat. Add a pinch of salt to the water and stir in pasta. Boil for 7-8 minutes and strain. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
- In a separate large sauté pan add chopped bacon and brown over medium heat. Drain the bacon pieces on a paper towel lined plate and reserve 1 Tablespoon of bacon dripping in pan.
- Place the pan back on medium heat and sauté peppers, onions, and garlic until tender – about 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken base and pasta water ¼ cup at a time. Stir the pan to scrape up any bits from the bottom. Add Alfred Sauce, season with 1 Tablespoon King Craw Cajun Seasoning and reduce heat. Let the sauce simmer for 2-3 minutes and add the pasta.
- Chop the sausage and chicken breast into bite size pieces. Add the meat to the pan and top with bacon pieces and green onion.