Cajun Ribeye Steak grilled on a Weber Kettle GrillWHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE: – King Craw Cajun Seasoning – Tumbleweeds Fire Starter – GrillGrates – GrillGrate Tool Put some cajun spice in your life with this recipe! I take a couple of well marbled ribeye steaks and coat them with a drizzle of olive oil. Each steak is generously seasoned with my King Craw cajun seasoning and rested for 30 minutes to let those flavors sink into the meat. While the steaks rest, I fired up my trusty Weber kettle grill topped with a set of grill grates for searing. I also made a quick “Bayou Butter” to tops these steaks at the end of the cook. The butter is a mixture of stone ground mustard, more King Craw Cajun seasoning, dried parsley and a stick of softened butter. Once it’s mixed up I simply wrap it into a log form using plastic wrap and stick it back into the refrigerator to firm up. Once the grill is ready for action, both steaks hit the hot grill grates. You want the surface temp to be in the 550°F range for searing. Grill each steak for 90 seconds then rotate 90° to create perfect grill marks. Cook for another 90 seconds and flip each steak. Repeat the same cooking process on the back side for a perfectly cook medium rare ribeye. If you want your steak a little more done increase each time by 30 seconds and it’ll turn out medium. (Don’t cook a ribeye past medium, please!) Top each steak with a pat of the Bayou Butter right at the last turn. This will allow the butter to melt over the steak as it finishes cooking. Remove the steaks from the grill and give them a rest for 5-7 minutes before serving. To make a pan-dipping sauce place another pat of butter under each steak while they rest. The butter will melt and combine with the juices from the steaks and it’s Delicious! Print
Cajun Ribeye Steak will put some spice in your life!
- 2 Ribeye Steaks
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Malcom’s King Craw Cajun Seasoning
- 1 stick Butter – softened at room temp
- 1 Tablespoon Creole or Stone Ground Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Malcom’s King Craw Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried Parsley Flakes
- Combine butter, mustard, Cajun seasoning and parsley in a bowl. Spread onto plastic wrap and form into a log shape wrapping the plastic wrap tight. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Drizzle ribeyes with olive oil
- Season generously with Cajun seasoning and rest at room temp for 30 minutes
- Prepare charcoal grill for searing at 550 degrees using grill grates.
- Place each steak in grill and cook for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Turn steak 90 degrees to a new spot on the grill and continue to cook for 90 more seconds.
- Flip both steaks over and repeat the same steps.
- After the last 90 degree turn place a pat of the Bayou Butter on each steak for the final 90 seconds.
- At this point the steaks should be about 125 internal. Remove them from the grill and rest for 5-7 minutes before slicing.