Sweet & Spicy Honey Chipotle Ribs RecipeWHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE: – Killer Hogs Hot Sauce – Heath Riles Honey Chipotle Rub – Royal Oak Tumbleweed Fire Starters – Mike’s Hot Honey – Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce – Thermoworks Thermapen – Basting Brush You don’t need a fancy cooker to smoke ribs – you can do it on a weber kettle grill over charcoal and hickory wood Print
Honey Chipotle Ribs
Sweet & Spicy Honey Chipotle Ribs Recipe – smoked on a Weber Kettle Grill
- 1 slab St Louis cut Spare Ribs – membrane removed
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey Chipotle Rub by Heath Riles
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup Mike’s Hot Honey
- 1 cup bottle Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce
- Prepare Weber Kettle direct for indirect, 2 zone cooking. Place hot coals to one side and place 1/2 size aluminum pan on other. Add chunks of Hickory wood to hot coals for smoke flavor.
- Drizzle ribs with Hot sauce on all sides and season well with Honey Chipotle Rub.
- Pour 2 cans of your favorite beer in the aluminum pan and place the cooking grate on the grill. Place the ribs over the aluminum pan and adjust the vents to 1/4 way open on top and bottom to maintain 300F degrees.
- Smoke the ribs for 2 hours and wrap in double layer of foil. In the foil place : 4 pats of butter, Hot Honey, more Honey Chipotle Rub, and 1 line of vinegar sauce. Do this on both sides before tightly wrapping in the foil.
- Place the ribs back in the grill meat side down cook until tender about 1 hour 15 minutes. Remove from grill.
- Carefully take the ribs out if the wrap and place on another piece of foil. Brush vinegar sauce on both sides and return to grill for 15 minutes to glaze.
- Cut the ribs into individual bone pieces and serve.
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!
Leave a Reply